Join a team of passionate writers and social advocates with a desire to build community through the written word. We are looking for an intern to assist in finalizing our upcoming anthologies and content editing of social media platforms.
Old Growth Northwest fosters creative collaboration and exchange within a diverse community of writers and readers in the Pacific Northwest. As a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2012 and headquartered in Seattle, Old Growth Northwest serves the greater Pacific Northwest region, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, British Columbia, and Alaska.
5 hours per week minimum with a flexible schedule
3 months minimum
Weekly in-person/phone meetings, in-person bi-monthly staff meetings (every other month)
Expectations and Responsibilities
The person filling this position will report to the Executive Director and the Outreach Director. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with our Executive Director to prepare our upcoming anthology showcasing short stories written by prisoners. Responsibilities will include content editing and formatting.
- Edit and approve submissions for our Fall Writer’s Workshop anthology, Steno.
- Work together with our Outreach Director to assist in style and content editing for social media, including our monthly newsletters and website blogs.
- Exemplary writing and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong editing proficiency
- Some college course completion.
- Demonstrates fluency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates some knowledge of Adobe CS and HTML/CSS
- Shows passion for literature and desire to be involved in the literary community of the Pacific Northwest
How to apply
To apply, contact Andrea Waade (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please attach a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples.