Can you take our social media presence to the next level? We’re looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented social media intern to help us better engage our online community. Your role will involve developing updates related to our programs and optimizing this content to grow our community most effectively across networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Remote volunteers are happily accepted.
Old Growth Northwest fosters creative collaboration and exchange within a diverse community of writers and readers in the Pacific Northwest. As a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2012 and headquartered in Seattle, Old Growth Northwest serves the greater Pacific Northwest region, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, British Columbia, and Alaska.
Time commitment: 5 hours per week minimum with a flexible schedule
Duration: 3 months minimum
Location: Weekly in-person/phone meetings, in-person bi-monthly staff meetings (every other month)
Expectations and Responsibilities
The person filling this position will report to the Outreach Director. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Help to craft communications that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products/services (press releases, infomrational materials)
- Assist with market or public opinion research to assess program outcomes.
- Maintain an active Twitter and Facebook presence with consistent posting of organizational/program-related content.
- Ensure that content posted to Twitter and Facebook adds value to our member experience.
- Engage with our community over Facebook and Twitter to maintain and develop new relationships.
- Track notable activities within our community via Twitter and Facebook.
- Some college course completion.
- Exemplary writing and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates fluency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates some knowledge of Adobe CS and HTML/CSS
- Demonstrates mastery of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Shows passion for literature and desire to be involved in the literary community of the Pacific Northwest
How to apply
To apply, contact Andrea Waade (email@example.com). Please attach a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples.